Hey everyone, today I will be reviewing a fairly new (2013) web based platform called Degreed.
I have been using degreed for the past few months and so far I am very impressed with the tool. Recently, the organization I work for acquired a business license and I have to admit, it is very much worth it. I use it for my PhD research as well as my professional development.
First, what is degreed?
“Degreed is a community of college students, professionals, and lifelong learners dedicated to advancing their education. When you join Degreed, you get tools to help you track, organize, share, and validate everything you learn.” Read More….
How does it work?
“Degreed applies an algorithmic and normalized approach to track and measure your educational achievements including formal (e.g., degrees), informal (e.g., books read, conferences attended), and soon, experiential learning” Read more…
Basically, you create an account and start populating your profile with your degrees, books read, conferences, events, anything that qualifies as learning.
There are multiple advantages to using degreed, either as an individual or for business. I will mention a few things that I found helpful:
- very easy to upload your prior learning opportunities and your learning experience (e.g. degrees, events, books read, articles, youtube videos…) using extensions or the (+);
- very rich library: once you personalize your profile with things that you are interested in learning, Degreed will bring forth for you articles, books and learning materials that are relevant to your topic;
- pathways: in Degreed you have access to countless of “pathways”, these learning tracks on various topics
- you can create a learning plan: you can customize your learning and set up goals;
- Degreed provides you with a great profile, dashboard and even a public profile that you can share with your network;
- integrations: degreed integrates directly with more than 15 other learning platforms (e.g. udemy, khanacademy, skillshare,…)
If you are not a lifelong learner this is a great opportunity to become one, Degreed makes it easier.
To see my profile on Degreed, please Click Here
Enjoy the visual review:
- Over 34 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Organize all aspects of their life and will be able to handle any information life brings your way.
- Move from basic user of Evernote to a pro